This video shows an example of using Camtasia Studio screen recording and video editing software to create example videos for students. The video was one of many made by an instructor for an online statistics course in a graduate program in the College of Business. For each week, the instructor made a video lecture to introduce the new topics for the week, then she made several example videos using Camtasia where the students could see the concepts of the week put into practice. All of the videos were made available to the students via the course website in Illinois Compass. The Excel spreadsheets used in the videos were also made available to the students so they could practice the problems themselves.
- What’s an Empowered Student?
- Moving a Face-to-Face Course Online without Losing Student Engagement
- From Rusty to Robust: Overcoming the Challenges to Effective Faculty Development
- Do Cumulative Exams Motivate Students?
- Creating Learning Environments that Help Students Stretch and Grow as Learners
- Encouraging Online Learner Participation
- Helping Students Overcome Their Fear of Writing
- A New Way to Assess Student Learning
- Taking a Look at the Effective Lifelong Learning Inventory
- Can You Flip an Online Class?
eLearning @Business Calendar