- Discussion Board Audit—A Metacognitive, Wrap-up Assignment
- Class Discussion Challenge: Getting Students to Listen and Respond to Each Other’s Comments
- One is the Loneliest Number: Helping Doctoral Students Build Connections Online
- The Sound of Silence: The Value of Quiet Contemplation in the Classroom
- Advice for Teachers: Dare to Be Strict
- What’s an Empowered Student?
- Moving a Face-to-Face Course Online without Losing Student Engagement
- From Rusty to Robust: Overcoming the Challenges to Effective Faculty Development
- Do Cumulative Exams Motivate Students?
- Creating Learning Environments that Help Students Stretch and Grow as Learners
eLearning @Business Calendar
Category Archives: Showcase
This video shows an example of using Camtasia Studio screen recording and video editing software to create example videos for students. The video was one of many made by an instructor for an online statistics course in a graduate program … Continue reading
This sample is a screencast made using Jing Pro, a desktop application which allows you to record your desktop computer screen combined with webcam video. Such videos can be used to provide software instruction to your students that they can … Continue reading
This microlecture was created with a PowerPoint add-in called Adobe Presenter. With Adobe Presenter the instructor’s voice was recorded as she narrated her presentation. Then, the presentation was converted into a flash movie that was easily embedded in her course … Continue reading
This sample is a microlecture that can be made using Snagit, a desktop application which allows you to combine your desktop screencast with video captured by your webcam. Such videos can be used to provide your students with additional information … Continue reading