This video shows an example of using Camtasia Studio screen recording and video editing software to create example videos for students. The video was one of many made by an instructor for an online statistics course in a graduate program in the College of Business. For each week, the instructor made a video lecture to introduce the new topics for the week, then she made several example videos using Camtasia where the students could see the concepts of the week put into practice. All of the videos were made available to the students via the course website in Illinois Compass. The Excel spreadsheets used in the videos were also made available to the students so they could practice the problems themselves.
- Things I Wish My Department Chair Would Say about Teaching
- Babson Study: Distance Education Enrollment Growth Continues
- Class Discussion: From Blank Stares to True Engagement
- Understanding Project-Based Learning in the Online Classroom
- Why Are We So Slow to Change the Way We Teach?
- Making the Most of ‘Reporting Out’ after Group Work
- Designing Effective Team Projects in Online Courses
- Five Ways to Improve Exam Review Sessions
- Ready to Flip: Three Ways to Hold Students Accountable for Pre-Class Work
- Free ‘Clickers’ for All: Using Google Forms to Survey Your Students
eLearning @Business Calendar