This video shows an example of using Camtasia Studio screen recording and video editing software to create example videos for students. The video was one of many made by an instructor for an online statistics course in a graduate program in the College of Business. For each week, the instructor made a video lecture to introduce the new topics for the week, then she made several example videos using Camtasia where the students could see the concepts of the week put into practice. All of the videos were made available to the students via the course website in Illinois Compass. The Excel spreadsheets used in the videos were also made available to the students so they could practice the problems themselves.
- Ten Online Teaching Tips You May Not Have Heard
- Teaching Students Specific Skills
- Professor Goldilocks and the Three Boundaries
- Creating Rich Learning Experiences Even When Class is Canceled
- Does the Strategy Work? A Look at Exam Wrappers
- What’s Going on Behind the Blank Stare?
- Activities for Building Cultural Competencies in Our Students and Ourselves
- Classroom Discussions: How to Apply the Right Amount of Structure
- Students’ Self-Fulfilling Prophecies: Five Ways to Break the Cycle
- Too Much Jargon: A Barrier to Learning?
eLearning @Business Calendar