This video shows an example of using Camtasia Studio screen recording and video editing software to create example videos for students. The video was one of many made by an instructor for an online statistics course in a graduate program in the College of Business. For each week, the instructor made a video lecture to introduce the new topics for the week, then she made several example videos using Camtasia where the students could see the concepts of the week put into practice. All of the videos were made available to the students via the course website in Illinois Compass. The Excel spreadsheets used in the videos were also made available to the students so they could practice the problems themselves.
- Is It Time to Rethink Our Exams?
- Flipping Large Classes: Three Strategies to Engage Students
- A Memo to My Students Re: College and the Real World
- Teaching Quantitative Problem-Solving Skills Lies in the Solution
- Trying Something New? Seven Things that Boost Success Rates
- Testing What You’re Teaching Without Teaching to the Test
- What You Are Teaching? What Are They Learning?
- Classroom Spaces Where Great and Magical Things Can Happen
- Remembering to Learn: Five Factors for Improving Recall
- Prior Knowledge as an Unexpected Obstacle to Learning
eLearning @Business Calendar