This video shows an example of using Camtasia Studio screen recording and video editing software to create example videos for students. The video was one of many made by an instructor for an online statistics course in a graduate program in the College of Business. For each week, the instructor made a video lecture to introduce the new topics for the week, then she made several example videos using Camtasia where the students could see the concepts of the week put into practice. All of the videos were made available to the students via the course website in Illinois Compass. The Excel spreadsheets used in the videos were also made available to the students so they could practice the problems themselves.
- Finding Signs of Progress When Learning is Slow
- Teaching Critical Thinking: Some Practical Points
- Getting More out of Exam Debriefs
- Getting Names Right: It’s Personal
- Online Discussion Forums as Assessment Tools
- Are We Afraid to Let Students Make Mistakes?
- A Simple Invitation: Please See Me!
- Why We Teach
- Reader Survey Finds Unprepared Students a Persistent Problem
- The Questions We Should Be Asking Our Students
eLearning @Business Calendar