This video shows an example of using Camtasia Studio screen recording and video editing software to create example videos for students. The video was one of many made by an instructor for an online statistics course in a graduate program in the College of Business. For each week, the instructor made a video lecture to introduce the new topics for the week, then she made several example videos using Camtasia where the students could see the concepts of the week put into practice. All of the videos were made available to the students via the course website in Illinois Compass. The Excel spreadsheets used in the videos were also made available to the students so they could practice the problems themselves.
- Where’s the Curiosity?
- A Simple Trick for Getting Students to Ask Questions in Class
- Designing Developmentally: Simple Strategies to Get Students Thinking
- Moving from Silos and Burnout to Community and Engagement
- Tips for Addressing Social Loafing in Group Projects
- Student Entitlement: Key Questions and Short Answers
- Incorporating Principles in Cognitive Psychology to Improve Student Learning
- How to Make the Most of Your First Year of Teaching
- Examining the Helicopter Professor Label
- Creating a Culture of Excellence for Graduate Teaching Assistants
eLearning @Business Calendar