This video shows an example of using Camtasia Studio screen recording and video editing software to create example videos for students. The video was one of many made by an instructor for an online statistics course in a graduate program in the College of Business. For each week, the instructor made a video lecture to introduce the new topics for the week, then she made several example videos using Camtasia where the students could see the concepts of the week put into practice. All of the videos were made available to the students via the course website in Illinois Compass. The Excel spreadsheets used in the videos were also made available to the students so they could practice the problems themselves.
- The Syllabus: Indicator of Instructional Intentions
- How to Get the Most out of a Professional Conference
- Playing Games Can Yield Serious Learning
- Course Evaluations: How Can Should We Improve Response Rates?
- Backward Design, Forward Progress
- Using Student Analytics for Online Course Improvement
- How Teaching is Like Composting
- Untangling the Web of Student-Teacher Communication
- Ensuring Student Success in Online Courses
- Personal Narratives: Perfect for Summer Reading
eLearning @Business Calendar